We’re excited to have you on board as a speaker at the world’s largest event for women in engineering and technology. The Society of Women Engineers’ Annual WE Conference will bring together more than 16,000 attendees.
WE23 will utilize a hybrid conference structure with in-person and virtual sessions for attendees. Invited speakers are required to present sessions in person and also provide a prerecorded session that will be available on our virtual platform.
- May 25, 2023 — Speaker acceptances
- June 19, 2023 — Confirm participation by submitting the speaker agreement and submit any needed speaker updates.
You are filling out the speaker agreement on behalf of all speakers in your session (if applicable). Please pass the acceptance email and speaker agreement to all participating speakers.
- August 1, 2023 — Deadline for speakers and panels to sign up for staff-supported recordings. A limited number of recording appointments are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- September 7, 2023 — WE23 recordings and session content (PDF copy of presentation and speaker photos) must be submitted to SWE.
- October 1 — Deadline to register for WE23 using the speaker discount code.
View Link – WE23 Speaker Orientation (External Link) – The WE Annual Conference Speaker Orientation course equips you with crucial information that will enable you to have a successful experience as a WE23 speaker. As a speaker at the event, it is essential to adhere to the guidelines outlined in the orientation; failure to comply may limit your chances of speaking at future SWE events. After completing the course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the available tools and knowledge to excel as a speaker at WE23.
- Identify best practices for speaking to an adult audience and rules for engagement.
- Identify ways to create accessible presentations.
- Recognize recording tools and best practices.
- Describe the snap session speaker process and techniques to create effective panel presentations.
Dropbox Link to Upload Session Content
- All self-recorded and staff-recorded session videos for WE23 are due September 7, 2023. Speakers who self-record must upload their properly formatted videos (.mp4 format, 1080p resolution) to the SWE Dropbox by September 7.
- All self-recorded and staff-recorded session videos for WE23 must utilize the provided WE23 backdrop images and the provided WE23 Powerpoint template found above under Speaker Resources.
- Snap Session speakers must self-record their sessions in Zoom or comparable software.
- Listen & Learn lecture and Engaged Exchange panel speakers have the option to self-record their videos in Zoom or comparable software OR to book a SWE staff-supported video recording appointment. Appointments will take place August 1 – September 7, 2023, and booking requests must be submitted from June 1 – August 1, 2023. (Booking requests submitted after August 1 will not be honored.) Booking requests can be submitted via either of two SWE Staff Calendars:
Exceptions to recording sessions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Exception requests may be emailed to the SWE Learning team emailed to the SWE Learning team. Please note that it is our expectation that WE23 speakers provide an in-person and prerecorded session, and requests to be exempt from recording may result in the cancellation of your session to make room for content that can be available both in person and virtually.