SWE is dedicated to ensuring that all attendees can fully participate at WE23. SWE only selects convention center venues for its Annual Conference that are fully ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant. Visit the Los Angeles Convention Center accessibility webpage to learn more about the accessibility offerings.
We understand that accessibility is critical to ensuring that everyone can access the information and resources provided, engage with fellow attendees, and benefit from the knowledge shared during the conference. We believe that accessibility is essential to creating a more equitable and inclusive society, and we are committed to promoting accessibility at this conference and in all aspects of our work. We look forward to welcoming you and ensuring your experience at WE23 is enjoyable.
We want everyone to be a part of WE23. We are happy to provide assistance to attendees and or exhibitors who may require special accommodation. If you need any help, please email email@example.com by 9/15/2023 so that SWE and the Los Angeles Convention Center (LACC) can properly accommodate your needs. SWE will do its best to accommodate requests but may not be able to accommodate them; requests made after this date will be fulfilled as staff capacity allows but cannot be guaranteed.
Accommodations Available by Request Include:
- Communication Access Realtime Translation Service (CART Service)
- Mobility Scooter (WE23 Mobility Scooter Waiver Agreement is required)
- Expedited Security Screening is available for individuals with disabilities, medical conditions, and other special circumstances
- Service Animals:
- We welcome service animals at our conference and are committed to making the event as accessible as possible for attendees who require the assistance of a service animal.
- Service animals are dogs trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. The animal must be controlled by its handler at all times, and the handler must be responsible for the care and supervision of the animal.
- We ask that attendees who require the assistance of a service animal notify us in advance so that we can ensure that appropriate accommodations are made.
- We may ask for documentation or other proof of the animal’s training or status as a service animal.
- Attendees are responsible for the behavior of their service animals and must ensure that the animal is not disruptive to other attendees or the conference proceedings. If the animal becomes disruptive, the handler may be asked to remove the animal from the conference.
- We reserve the right to exclude any animal that directly threatens other attendees’ health or safety or presents an undue hardship on the conference.